Welcome to A Bed and Breakfast on Fairmount …
a Traditional Homestay-style B&B since 1996
located in beautiful Oakland, California
|Atop our hill, we have city and western views (includes Mt. Tamalpais). This historic home also accommodates larger parties for family/guest events.
Free Wireless Internet Access Available
(510) 653-7726 (preferred)
* FREE Wireless Internet Access for Guests’ Laptops. No computer provided. This B&B is 100% non-smoking.
* There are 29 total stair steps with handrails to the front door.
* The B&B rooms are on the second floor (more stairs and handrails).
* We take cash or personal checks (made to Nancy Lovejoy); we do not take credit cards or traveler’s checks.
* Prices may change without notice. (see Current Rates)
* Reservations are made in advance and are usually 2-nights minimum and 2-weeks maximum.
* Every consecutive 7th night is free!
* 7 – 30 day cancellation policy
* Your reservation will be confirmed by phone once your deposit is received.
* Special dietary needs may be accommodated with advance notice.
* Third person in Charlie’s Queen Suite, add $30/night.
* The B&B is not child-proofed and cannot accommodate small children.
* All Guest Rooms have hair dryers.
* Guests come and go independently.
* Hardwood floors and area rugs throughout.
* Parking is mostly on the street.
* Check-in is arranged in advance (and is always after 3:00 p.m.).
* Check-out is by 11:00 a.m.
* No pets.
Piedmont Ave. Shops · Restaurants · Buses · Kaiser Hospital · Downtown Oakland · Piedmont · Rockridge & Grand-Lake areas · MacArthur BART · Rockridge BART · UC Berkeley · Historic Mountain View Cemetery · Chapel of the Chimes · Rose Garden · CA College of Art
Featured Oakland Attractions
Uptown, Downtown, All Around the Town!
We are proud of Oakland’s burgeoning restaurant scene. For a delectable sampling of close by and closer restaurants such as Bay Wolf, Commis, Dopo, Adesso, Cesar, The Drunken Fish, Camino, The Boot and Shoe Service, Pizzaiolo, Bake Sale Betty …
click here to view.
|Oakland is experiencing a Renaissance with new places to savor food and drink, discover art and enjoy entertainment. In 2012, the New York Times featured Oakland as the 5th top place to visit in the world. Atlantic Monthly says, “. . . Oakland is the Brooklyn of the Bay Area. It’s the next stop on the train, it’s cool, it’s where young people go now.” (www.theatlanticcities.com/housing/2013/10/san-francisco-exodus/7205/)There are fantastic restaurants in all price ranges. Check out San Francisco Chronicle’s Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area 2013 and Bargain Bites for more information.Join the Art Murmur on First Fridays or the Saturday Stroll, visiting Uptown galleries (http://www.oaklandartmurmur.org).Discover weekly entertainment highlights at this fantastic website, http://www.visitoakland.org.|
|The Sunporch features Sunsets and Views||Relax on the Day Bed|
|The riotous and organic backyard complete with hen house|
~ Birder’s Alert ~
Many of our guests are avid “birders”, while some are casual fans. They have shared with us their front and back yard sightings. Here are several species that have been identified over the last few years. You are invited to spend time observing the birds around our home. Please let us know if you spot a new one to add to the list below!
House Sparrow (English Sparrow)
Rock Dove (Pigeon)
|Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Golden Crowned Kinglet (male)
The Golden Gate Audobon Society has been a leader in Bay Area conservation efforts since 1917 – its members “play a critical role in protecting local birds and their habitats.” Nearby Mountain View Cemetery, with ponds and lush vegetation, also satisfies ardent birders.
(510) 653-7726 (preferred)