Welcome to A Bed and Breakfast on Fairmount … a Traditional Homestay-style B&B since 1996, located in dynamic, diverse and beautiful Oakland, California.
With three charming guest rooms, and conveniently serving many of Oakland’s and Berkeley’s residential communities for 20+ years, A B&B On Fairmount has hosted hundreds of happy new grandparents, graduates’ families, business travelers, sight-seers from all over the globe, and “locals”. Hosts Nancy and Jason, with origins in the Midwest and Australia, share their “green” lifestyle enthusiastically, incorporating seasonal produce and fresh eggs from the backyard organic garden into various healthy breakfasts. (Yes, we have laying hens much of the year.) The large garden, always a work in progress, has been called a “Bird Lover’s Paradise.” Click Here to see the bird list guests are working up.
Atop our hill, we have city and western views (includes Mt. Tamalpais).
Kitchen breakfasts are served inside the French windows looking onto the patio and back yard. Within every B&B bedroom there is a private, full bathroom. Guests report feeling welcomed, satisfied and very pleased with their experience at our home – A Bed and Breakfast on Fairmount. Read guests’ comments …
Things to Know Before Booking a Reservation
- This B&B is 100% non-smoking.
- FREE Wireless Internet Access for Guests’ Laptops. No computer provided.
- There are 29 total stair steps with handrails to the front door.
- The B&B rooms are on the second floor (more stairs and handrails).
- We take cash or personal checks (made to Nancy Lovejoy); we do not take credit cards or traveler’s checks.
- Prices may change without notice. (see Current Rates)
- Reservations are made in advance and are usually 3-nights minimum and 2-weeks maximum.
- Every consecutive 7th night is free!
- 14 – 60 day cancellation policy
- Your reservation will be confirmed by phone once your deposit is received.
- Special dietary needs may be accommodated with advance notice.
- Third person in Charlie’s Queen Suite, add $30/night.
- The B&B is not child-proofed and cannot accommodate small children.
- All Guest Rooms have hair dryers.
- Guests come and go independently.
- Hardwood floors and area rugs throughout.
- Parking is on the street.
- Check-in is arranged in advance (and is always after 3:00 p.m.).
- Check-out is by 11:00 a.m.
- No pets.
- TV’s / DVD
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Oakland is experiencing a Renaissance with new places to savor food and drink, discover art and enjoy entertainment. In 2012, the New York Times featured Oakland as the 5th top place to visit in the world. Atlantic Monthly says, “. . . Oakland is the Brooklyn of the Bay Area. It’s the next stop on the train, it’s cool, it’s where young people go now.” (www.theatlanticcities.com/housing/2013/10/san-francisco-exodus/7205/) There are fantastic restaurants in all price ranges. Check out San Francisco Chronicle’s Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area and Bargain Bites for more information. Join the Art Murmur on First Fridays or the Saturday Stroll, visiting Uptown galleries (http://www.oaklandartmurmur.org). Discover weekly entertainment highlights at this fantastic website, http://www.visitoakland.org.
** July 9, 2014 article by National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel writer, Annie Fitzsimmons: City to Watch: Oakland Rising
|Piedmont Ave. Shops · Restaurants · Buses · Kaiser Hospital · Downtown Oakland · Uptown Oakland (trendy) · Piedmont · Rockridge & Grand-Lake areas · MacArthur BART · Rockridge BART · UC Berkeley · Historic Mountain View Cemetery · Chapel of the Chimes · Rose Garden · CA College of Art more info on Oakland Area Attractions||Uptown, Downtown, All Around Town! We are proud of Oakland’s burgeoning restaurant scene. For a delectable sampling of close by and closer restaurants such as Commis, Dopo, Adesso, Bar César, Judoku Sushi, Camino, The Boot and Shoe Service, Pizzaiolo, Bake Sale Betty … visit our Oakland Restaurants page.|